Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Here We Go...

So I've finally decided to cave...and make a blog. (Even though about 1/2 of the people saying we should have one...don't have one themselves...haha) So, with no real idea what I'm doing, here we go =)

Give me time with the layout and look of the blog-I'm still learning and not learning very quickly apparently...

I'm also still in the Honeymoon Stage of marriage, which will probably reflect in our blog for at least a little while...heads up. I'll try not to be too mushy, promise =)

But just as a background for now--Craig and I "met" August of 2007 through handwritten letters back and forth while Craig was on his Mission in New Jersey. Needless to say my Grandma is very forward... When Craig came home from his mission in April of 2008, we continued to stay in touch. I came out to Utah May 2008 when we had our first date. And the rest is pretty much history. After that, we'd text and talk on the phone until 1, 2, and 3 AM. That summer, I had been accepted to be a member of the Palmyra Pageant Cast Team and so spent all of July in Upstate NY...at the same time that Craig had so conveniently planned a trip back to his mission with a side-trip to Palmyra. I had one day off the whole time we were there, which also just so happened to be the time Craig was there with his family. So we ran away and spent the day walking around Palmyra and through the Sacred Grove. When I went back that night, I told my companign and now super good friend Danielle that I was either in a ton of trouble or this was going to be fantastic! Needless to say that when I came out to Utah for school, we were officially dating that first weekend. He would then drive down to Provo from Kaysville (about 45-60 min) every Friday, spend all the time with me, crash a friends house, and then would drive back up to Kaysville either Saturday/Sunday morning, or super late Sunday night. We were engaged the first weekend in December, but chose our day to be in May instead of March since my brother was getting married in January.

So that's us. We'll be married 7 months in a few days and are both in school and working full time...which leaves little time for much else but we still have a blast. I wouldn't trade life for anything. I found the perfect guy who would and does do anything and everything to make sure I'm OK and that I'm happy. And to top it all off, I get to be with him for time and all eternity. What more could a girl want? ...Exactly.

1 comment: